Tuesday, September 18, 2007

The Planning...

One never realizes how daunting the planning is to pick up your life and leave for a while until one attempts it. I'm coming to the scary realization that I have a million things to do and only 2 and a half weeks to accomplish all of it. I guess that's what I get for going on vacation for a week less than a month before I leave the country! (I'll post some info and pictures from our trip shortly)

This week is my last week of work, and there are 26 signatures to be gotten before the week is out from various offices at the DOC, proving I haven't stolen a computer or library book in the nearly six years there. It is truly amazing to me how difficult it is to quit a federal job! And unfortunately I'm stuck at home today with a nasty cold.

I still have to get my Chinese visa, and haven't received any information as of yet on my host family, but I'm really starting to get excited/scared all at once for the adventure. I've started realizing the big bite I've decided to take out of life, and am just hoping that I'm up to the challenge.

Next question for me: do I pack up a good portion of my things here in DC in case the move to San Francisco happens before I get back or would that be jinxing things? sigh...so many decisions...

No comments: